Primary Course in Principles & Practices of Food Safety (EHOA)
Cost of Course: €175
Duration of Course: 2 days 9a.m.—2p.m./3p.m.
Entry requirement to Course: No previous experience necessary
This course is suitable for anyone currently working or seeking to work in a food-handling environment, for example in a food production facility, restaurant, deli counter, catering, food market etc.
Price includes all materials and a written exam.
Award: This course is certified by EHOA (Environmental Health Officers Association) and is valid for 5 years.
- Session 1 Introduction to Food Safety
- Session 2 Microbiological Hazards
- Session 3 Food Contamination
- Session 4 HACCP From Food Delivery to Storage
- Session 5 HACCP From Food Preparation to Cooking and Service
- Session 6 Personal Hygiene
- Session 7 Food Premises and Equipment
- Session 8 Pest Control
- Session 9 Cleaning and Disinfection
- Session 10 Food Safety Law and Enforcement
ACDC is not required under Section 43, the Qualifications Act (1999) to have protection for learner arrangements in place