Basic First Aid
Date: March 2018
Cost of Course: €99
Duration of Course: 1 day 10a.m.—3.30p.m.
Entry requirement to Course: No previous experience necessary
Course Description & Suitability
This basic first aid course is suitable for everyone and particularly those who wish to be able to assist an occupational first aider in the workplace.
Price includes all materials.
Award: Following successful completion of the course and examination, participants will receive a Work Wise certificate, which is valid for 2 years.
Topics covered in Basic First Aid include:
- First aider roles and responsibilities, how to call emergency services, infection control and stress awareness.
- Patient assessment- primary and secondary surveys, medical history questions, spinal injury precautions.
- Respiratory emergencies- choking asthma, hyperventilation etc.
- Cardiac emergencies-heart attack, stroke, cardiac arrest & CPR.
- Wounds and bleeding
- Medical emergencies- diabetes, epilepsy, head injures, fainting
- Fractures, dislocation sprains or strains.
- Burns, poisons and electric shock
ACDC is not required under Section 43, the Qualifications Act (1999) to have protection for learner arrangements in place